How to lodge a claim
Because we know that any claim process can be stressful, we have worked on making a claim as easy as it can be. The page below will detail the whole process from the accident to lodging the claim. Make sure to read it thoroughly to insure that you do not miss any step along the way.
If you have an accident
Should an accident arise, follow the procedure below to ensure that the claim process goes smoothly and is processed as fast as possible.
- First, ensure that everyone is Ok. If anyone is injured, call the emergency services on 111 from any mobile phone, even a locked one will work, and provide first aid to anyone that needs it.
- You will then need to notify the police of the accident. To do so, just call 111.
- Obtain as much information as possible from the other party such as:
- Contact number
- Car registration number
- Name of insurance company
- Provide the same contact details to the other party.
How to make a claim
Once the dust has settled, everybody has been attended to, and all the information has been gathered, you will be able to lodge a claim.
- Simply call the claim department on 0800 77 47 47.
- Select option number 2 to obtain a claim form.
- Give your email address to receive the form by email.
Completing the claim form
Complete all relevant sections and return the form directly to the insurer at email@example.com along with a copy of the following documents:
- Claim form
- Insurance policy
- Photo page passport
- Drivers licence
- Police report (if available)
If you receive any documents from the other party or their insurance company, this can be sent through to the claims department using the same email address.
Backpackers Motor Insurance was a great resource for me to buy my campervan in New Zealand. I used their guide step by step to check the campervan that I wanted to buy. Their cover was pretty cheap so I decided to go for it. The whole process was super easy!
I found out about Backpackers Motor insurance through a friend of mine that left New Zealand just when I arrived. It was perfect for me as I only wanted to travel for about 6 months and did not want to take the risk to travel uncovered but also did not want to spend too much.
I was lucky enough not to have to claim anything during my trip - we had no accidents at all. But it was a great option to have this safety blanket at a cheap price. I compared quite a lot different insurance options before my trip and this one had the best cost-to-cover ratio.
I was so relieved to be able to find an insurance option that would not cost me thousands after seeing the prices in the US. I only had a very small issue with the car and the whole claim process took only a few days. It was super easy. Thanks all!